Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference Weekend & the Discovery of Tai Pan Trading in BOISE

OK...i will save the best for last on this Post..(being conference)
So first off....My Mom told me that boise had recently opened up a Tai Pan Trading in BOISE...i was like..."Whhaaaaaa?" (like the minion on Despicable Me!) Anywho....I was like...ok When We Goin!! So when all the Guys went to the Priesthood Session Saturday Night...Me and My Momma and My Momma-In-Law went out for a Ladies Night.  We went and did some dammage at Tai Pan...They had SOO much cute stuff...In stores like that is when i wish i had all the mooola in the world to spend on cutesy stuff for my house.  Now that i'm a homeowner i swear the only thing i wanna spend money on is Home Decor! Although I have a hard time spending money on Home Decor because Both My Mom and Mom-in-law advise me to not go to crazy all at once because over time you WILL accumulate a TON of stuff for your home.  Which i totally believe because both my mom and aarons mom have SOOO MUCH CUTE STUFF in their homes.  SO i agree to be patient about it and then Freakin TaiPan comes here to temp me.  But i thought ok I will let myself purchase something there Once A Month.  So we will see how that goes..especially with the holidays comming up!!  Eeek!  After we raided TaiPan we went to Olive Garden to endulge on their NEVER ENDING PASTA BOWL...yeah...and endulge we did!  We were miserable but it was worth it! haha. It was alot of fun spending time with my Wonderful Mother and the Wonderfull woman who raised my husband.  We had a good time! Heres some pics of some of the good steals i got at taipan

I needed something on this wall with my clock.  I found these awesome Sconces (kam taught me that that is what they are called) to put on my wall with my clock. they match perfect! 
Glassware i got for like $15 bucks!
will be fun for holiday candy!

Autumn looking decor.
These are called ORBS. Weird i know.
They are just cool looking balls made out of all sorts of stuff
Thought they were fun for my front living room center peice!

Nothin Crazy...but fun!


On the topic of CONFERENCE!  Wow....I tell you what...Wow! (like the litte bat 'bartok' says on Anastastia)...What an amazing conference weekend!  All the talks were SOOOO good!  I can't even begin to point on all the ones I loved because i would be up till 4 am if i did that and My clients that i will be doing hair for tomorrow would probably not appreciate that. haha  But can i just say that i LOVE love LOVE love LOVE President Monson!  He is something else isn't he!  What an amazing Prophet!  He never ceases to amaze me and make me laugh!  He has an amaaazing way to connect with the members of our church & those not of our faith.  He is just so awesome!  I also loved when some of our good friends Texted Aaron to see if he listend to Elder Anderson's talk about having children. haha. Thanks Dan and Lisa! We love you guys!!  It was a fabulous talk also!! :-)  All n All, just such a wonderfull conference weekend.
I must make a confession though!....I was joking around with My oldest brother jer on facebook because he pretty much posted his favorite quote after each talk was given.  So that was Alot of posts!  I teased him saying "Hey Jer...aaron and i missed the saturday sessions, do you think you could put in a nutshell what was shared today".....then i felt like a total d-bag because i got thinkin and thought. WOW jazz....What an amazing missionary tool conference is!  And choosing to share anything that was shared at conference could touch someones life!  I know that if anybody who would listen to all of conference, they could find something in EVERY talk that applied to THEM in THEIR lives and that could be the lil' boost that they needed. Then i just thought...Man...that big brother of mine...Always doin the right thing and being a Good Example to all of us....SO Props to you My Brotha!  Sorry i'm a sarcastic lil' doof sometimes, i try to help it but it doesn't always go my way. haha. But yeah...

General Conference

Studs right here!!! Amazing Men that are the Head of our Church
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

President Thomas F. Monson
We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet
I love him so much!

Oh...and the ONLY guy in this pic...thats my oldest sibling jer!
He's Fab!  But look how beautifull all these Ladies are in this pic!...
Ahhh! Love Them!

Lastly....Alot of the times that Missionary Work was brought up...I couldn't help but think of my Brother Abe!...Out Serving a full time mission in Argentina!  He is just the greatest!  His letters are so uplifting and inspiring.  He is a Zone Leader and his Zone just set an ALL time mission record in the Mendoza mission  for the MOST baptisms in one month!...How awesome is that!  He is doin WORK!  But I love him and i miss him like crazy..That kid deserves the best of everything.  Only ONE MORE general conference then he will be home!! Yay!

Abe and Augustine making Empenadas!!

Abe Teaching the Kids what Baseball is!
Something differnt from Soccer is a Foreign concept there. haha
(These kids r thinkin....what..we play this sport with our hands..not our feet??)

Right after Baptism!!

Abe and his Companion Elder Barton are 2 of a kind.
They have been together Multiple transfers and
the last few they have been serving as Zone leaders together.
They work so great together!...They are baptizin the argentine peeps like Crazy!
Abe is doing SOO awesome and just loves the people and the work!
His efforts continually bless all of us back home!
We pray for him daily to be happy & Safe to to bring many people unto the gosple of Jesus Christ.
The Lord Answer's our prayers!
We Love You Elder Burns!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I did not know you had one of these it is so cute you look good and happy and i love your home.

    ReplyDelete