Sunday, September 25, 2011

Relief Society General Broadcast


Tonight i went to the "Womens Wire" at the stake center with my Lovely mother in law Kathy.  My own mamasita was unable to make it because she's got that nasty cough/cold thing that is going around :( (missed you mom) But the talks were very good. I was especially impressed by prez Uchtdorf's talk.  He talked about the beautiful flowers of the world..but one imparticular that impressed him...the "forget me not" flower.  He spoke of them appearing somewhat small and insignificant compared to some of the big beautifull flowers that tower over these small little "forget me not"  he said that there is an old tale that tells of how it got it's name.  He said that God had gone throughout all the flowers in the world and had given them beautiful names, then he finally got to this small little blue flower and the Lord said...hmm now what shall I call you...and the tiny blue flower asked...Oh please lord...Forget Me Not!...and so the Lord found it fitting to name it the "forget me not"...(cute lil' story)...anywho...Prez Uchtdorf said he was going to use the "forget me not" flower as somewhat of a metaphor to what he wanted to speak on.  He said the flower has 5 petals and so he wanted to point on 5 different things in his talk. 


1-Forget not to be Patient with Yourself
he reminded us that the Lord knows that no one is perfect, although we strive for perfection, we can't expect to be perfect. and the people who we Think are perfect..are not perfect either.  And to not get down on ourselves when we can't accomplish Everything or do Everything right.

2-Forget Not that some sacrifices are more important than other sacrifices!
meaning, to lose hours of sleep from a child having a nightmare or preparing a lesson or talk vs. sacrificing hours of sleep for making the perfect bow for your daughters hair or stitching a quote into 20 hancerchiefs for the relief society ladies that you will be giving your lesson to.  haha That some sacrifices are more important and to ask yourself...am I giving up something GOOD for something BETTER!

3-Forget Not to be HAPPY NOW.  Don't always find yourself saying..I will be happy "when..."
he compared this to the story of Charlie and the Choc Factory.  How everychild thought that their happienss dwelled in Having that "GOLDEN TICKET" that they couldn't be happy alone in the prize that came in every candy bar...The Chocolate itself!  He said how some of us set so many goals or have so many Ideas of what will bring them happiness and we forget to be HAPPY NOW!..for all that we have and to Enjoy the moment!

4-Forget not the WHY of the gospel.
Obviously the What and the How are always a pressing matter.  But we must remember WHY we live the gosple and WHY we teach the gospel to our children.  That should be our main focus is the WHY! (i loved that)

5-Forget Not that the Lord Loves YOU!
I loved this because he went back to the flower and said...you may have days were you feel as insignificant and down in the dumps and frustrated and alone and Small. Small like the "forget me not" just know...that your Heavenly Father LOVES YOU!  He knows you, he knows your face, he knows yoru pains, he knows your strengths and weaknesses and he knows your struggles.
He is THERE FOR YOU, and Forget Not..that HE LOVES YOU!

Our Savior



President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
(first presidency of The LDS Church)

All n All ....Prez Uchtdorf is an Amazing Man!  He is an Apostle of the Lord!  I know that!  If this post impressed you at all and you are not of my faith, I encourage you to go to http://www.lds.org/ OR..better yet...just ask me about it!  I know you would LOVE to hear what the Missionaries of our church have to say.  And i know that my Brother Abe wouldn't be out there teaching what he is teaching in a foreign land if it wasn't true and pure!  I love this gospel and I love being a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints!
It has made me who I am and I totally felt the spirit as president uchtdorf spoke tonight. If you want to hear all of his talk...i encourage anyone who missed it to go look it up on the website LDS.org and find it!  I know it will impress you like it did me!

1 comment:

  1. Jazz, that was really neat how you summarized that! Nicely done, that was the only talk that I wrote notes for because it really stuck out to me. It was absolutely amazing! LOVED it! And I liked the other talks too and really felt like they pushed visiting teaching a lot, not just sharing a thought and marking them off your list but really CARING for those you teach. I got to go visiting teaching Sunday to two ladies and one lives in a camper in a field, the other lives in a 2 bedroom apartment in a "man camp" modular house with other oil workers. All in all, it just felt good to be doing what they have asked us to do, even if visiting teaching occurs in a tent or a camper. Crazy, but awesome how the church works! Thanks for getting back in the blogging spirit! It's fun huh??

    ReplyDelete